Public Radio has been a large part of my "grown up" life, so I was incredibly honored that my friend David , invited me to the station for an interview. KVCR is currently seeking listener testimonials as part of their "My Source" Campaign. The goal of the "My Source" campaign is to foster awareness of public media. I have always been comforted by the voices of Michele Norris, Carl Kassel, Michael Feldman, Click and Clack and many other talented people from NPR. They have been my constant companions through my many moves. Here in the Inland Empire of California, David has been a familiar voice and good friend. Have you ever wondered what your NPR host looked like? Sure you can Google, but before Google (GASP) I had my own images of these radio folks. Well this is what my NPR host looks like:Apart from being a talented voice and producer for KVCR Dave is also an amazing artist.When I walked into the station I felt like I was walking into Greg Brady's bedroom and I LOVED IT! It was so nostalgic and cool. Don't let the funky decor, throw you off this station is great!
While I was doing my interview, I noticed these two signs that just made me giggle. When I saw the pledge sign, I immediately thought of how hard it must be to get pledges during these hard economic times but when I read the "lemon" it all made sense, all this wood paneling did call for that lemony stuff. Well in case you are wondering, KVCR is my source for travel. I mentioned how via their programming I can be whisked away to many places. I can go from looking at a transmission with Click and Clack in Boston to sitting in an auditorium in Madison for Whad'ya know. NPR is a great way to travel the US and abroad, sometimes all in just one hour!