Today I am joining the 40 club!  I can't really complain, as usual I am in a new town, teaching Spanish and French with my fabulous husband and the canine travel team Norman and Newman.  
Don't need much more right?
Throughout my life, I've had a lot of shifts and turns.  I was born in El Salvador but a pesky civil war brought me to my beloved California.  If you would have told me that I would be living in Indiana, Redlands, Nashville, McAllen (TX), Monterey and now Sedona, I don't think I would have believe you.  But voilà!
When I was a little girl I realllllly wanted to go to a boarding school like the one on the Facts of Life.  I wanted to be Tootie and roller skate throughout campus and be part of a tight knit group of people.  While I did go to a fancy pants all girl school, I am finally at that boarding school that I dreamt about.  Obviously not as a student but more like Mrs. Garret!  
 The past two months have been exhausting and AMAZING.  Waking up to such beauty is very motivating.  In many ways I feel like I have been transported back in time to a community that is caring, kind and hard working.  We all trek many miles each day back and forth, walking everywhere!  There is no way I could roller skate over these rocks but my legs, body and heart are much stronger as I turn 40.