I put smoked salmon in these rolls.
 Ok, one more recipe post from me, but this is a special one!  I thought I would share it on Monday so you have the whole week to buy the products and build up the excitement to make these in your casita.  These rolls are what told B I was "THE ONE!"   I made these for him when we first met because believe it or not it was one of the few things I knew how to make and not poison people.
~~~~~
I spent quite a few years in Indiana for graduate school and work and missed my California cuisine dearly.  Not only were there few sushi places in South Bend (back then), but they were pricey, especially on a graduate student stipend.  Fortunately my friend Kristin shared this California Roll recipe with me and I can't thank her enough!
 1.  Cook some Calurose rice in a steamer. I use one cup of rice and 1/14 cup of water, but check your machine for instructions.  Or you can cook it on the stove but it's a little more work! Once the rice is cooked, you will want to cool it before you proceed.

2.   Make the seasoning you see above while your rice is cooking.  You will use some of it to pour into the rice to season it and the rest to dip your hands in while you spread the rice over the seaweed.  I used about 3/4 cup over my 2 cups COOKED rice.  Remember 1 cup dry rice usually makes about 2 cups COOKED.  The idea is to flavor the rice evenly but your definitely don't want mushy rice.
 I guess one of the reasons I love Sushi is because it is such a clean and fresh meal.  Mind you, you can insert whatever ingredients in your roll.  In this one I used imitation crab meat, avocado and cucumber.  Then you use a little bamboo mat that you can purchase at most supermarkets or online and roll!  Try to leave about 1/2 an inch of the seaweed with out rice so you can roll it up nice and tidy.  If you have sesame seeds pour some over the ingredients before you roll it up.  I was all out, so no sesame seeds for me this time.
Believe it or not, this is an easy meal to make.  It won't take you 10 minutes, more like an hour but if you plan ahead you can  make the rice earlier, chop your veggies and then get to work later in the day. This recipe makes about 6 to 7 rolls and the bad news is we had NO LEFTOVERS!!
What is your most popular recipe?