It's finally gotten chilly here, so I decided to make a hearty meal that I first found in my trusty Real Simple Magazine here.

Ingredients

I am all about the simple meals, so  as you can see, the ingredients are pretty basic.  If you don't have white beans, use garbanzos.  I only used one can of diced tomatoes but depending on how big a batch you want to make, you can add more.  The other key ingredient is Swiss chard or kale.  I also added one chopped zucchini to up the veggie factor.  But remember you can add whatever you want to this dish, you are the boss!

Ok, here's how you start:

1.  Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan (over medium heat). 

2.  Add the chopped sausage and cook, stir, until lthey are browned, or for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in about 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.

3.  Add the beans, broth, and tomatoes and their liquid and bring to a boil.


4.  Add the kale, zucchini and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. 

And there you have it! Dinner or lunch is served.  I recommend a nice piece of sourdough bread to accompany this soup.  Oh and how about taking it outside and enjoying it while you sit on your Adirondack chair.  I love having hot soups or drinks while I sit outside in the brisk air. Bon appetit or as we say en español BUEN PROVECHO!